Quick review on Juice Bauty’s Oil-Free Moisturizer.

18 05 2009

So, this weekend, I was house sitting for my sister & her bf. Their bday was last Thursday. Yes, they share the same birthday. I totally forgot to bring my moisturizer with me for the weekend. So I had to check if my sister has some moisturizer. The only one I saw was by Juice Beauty. I was like hrm… we’ll see. Here’s the link to the product.

Let me tell you, a lil goes a LONG way with this! I only used a little bit, and it covered my whole face.┬áIt really didn’t give that greasy feel. It moisturized my face really well. I have skin that is dry on the T-Zone, and oily on my cheeks & chin. It felt really nice throughout the day. I love it. I think I’m going to have to buy my own bottle for myself.





Facial day…

13 05 2009

I’ve officially declared Wednesdays as being my Homemade Facial Day.

Well the only things that’s homemade is the exfoliating mask & toner.
I’ve been using the exfoliating mask for about 2 weeks now, and I like it. I haven’t really seen a difference with it, but it makes my face feel smooth. It’s the Aspirin, Honey & Water mask. It’s worked really well by getting dead skin off my face, my nose especially.

Whenever I get ANY sun exposure on my nose, even if I put sunscreen on it, the next day, my nose starts to peel. Like it got sun burnt or something… IDK! But yeah, the only thing that will help “cure” my so-called burnt nose is the aspirin, honey & water exfoliating mask. I’ll do better review of it later.

The newest thing I’ve tried is a facial toner made of vegetable oil, lemon juice & honey. It’s alright…. I’ll do a better review of that later, as well.





It’s FINALLY here!!!

5 05 2009

My 120!! It’s here!! I’m sooo excited!! I slept over Shana’s place on Sunday night b/c we were going to bleach my hair the next morning. While we were watching UNSOLVED MYSTERIES on TV, the doorbell rang.. 2x. We were like, “Who the hell is that?” When Shana went to get the door, it was the mail man. I wasn’t there when she signed for the package. As soon as she shut the door, she shouted:
“Hey, Paula! Guess what came in the mail!!”
I literally jumped up & scream, “OUR 120’s?”

Sure enough, in a green bulky envelope that look like it’s contains drugs, were both of our 120s, & 2 free gift sets.

We were uber excited that we both opened our palettes & did a little swatching. They’re absolutely AMAZING! I mean, I knew they were going to be really pigmented because I’ve watched/read a few reviews on them online. But they’re even better in person!! I wanted to “play” with the colors last night while Shana was raiding on WoW, but I honestly didn’t know where to start.

As soon as I got home last night, I took my 120 palette out & I got on youtube. I said to myself, “Hey! I might as well make another entry for Angee’s contest!!” So I did. You can view a preview picture here.

I’m uploading the video right now as I’m typing this. If you subscribe to my youtube channel, then you’ll be able to check it out. Also, if you follow me on Twitter, I’ll tweet a link to the video :]

I was kind of disappointed in some of the colors of the 120. 95% of them were very pigmented, the other 5% of them weren’t. I had to do a few swipes to get color to show on my arm for the swatches. So here they are!!

All swatches were applied on NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in MILK as a base.





I gave in…

3 05 2009

So, I posted a couple makeup tutorials on youtube. I told myself that I wouldn’t give into that only because there’s a whole bunch of girls out there that post videos on how they apply their makeup. My first video was actually for a contest entry that Elle (Allthatglitters21) was holding. You can watch the video here.

With the support & encouragement from friends & MUGS, I decided to post another video here. I’m slowly getting the courage to post more videos and what not.

Someone asked me, “Why don’t you talk in your videos?”

I replied with, “Because I stutter a lot & I don’t have a cool greeting. I don’t want to be boring & say, “Hey girls!” Or even have a high pitched voice.” That’s just not me. Once I get into talking & what not, I’ll eventually do that. Plus, it’s hard to do when I’m filming around 11pm at night & what not.

Oh! I’ve also gotten msg`s in my inbox saying: “You’re just entering to win free stuff!!” FYI – I’m not. I entered cuz I’m a competitive person & I like to think outside the box when I enter contests. Obviously those people who sent me those msg`s are cowards for not posting it as a comment :]

I hope you guys enjoy my videos!! And if you’d like to see me do a look, post a comment here or on youtube & let me know what you’d like to see!!